In The NewsMentions in Local and National News
Dr. Hill is a Health Expert Contributor for Many News Outlets
When local and national news outlets need a reliable pediatric expert, they often turn to Dr. David Hill. A journalist himself, Dr. Hill has been a commentator for National Public Radio’s All Things Considered, serves on the Board of Advisors of Parents Magazine, and is a regular contributor to Parents and other national publications. He is an official Spokesperson for the American Academy of Pediatrics, providing statements that accurately reflect current AAP policy.
The following is a sample cross-section of articles Dr. Hill has helped source. If your publication needs a physician or pediatric contributor, feel free to contact David Hill today.
Dr. Hill is cited as a top pediatrician by local and national news outlets.
National Media Outlets
- Christian Science Monitor, July 8, 2016 “How parenting best practices went from ‘screen time’ to boundary setting,” Lucy Schouten.
- Parents Magazine, July 22, 2016. “12 Milestones You Shouldn’t Overlook.” Charlotte Latvala.
- OZY.com, October 11, 2016. “Paternity Wear for the Cool Dad” Zara Stone.
- Time Magazine, October 21, 2106. “What the New Screen Time Guidelines for Kids Really Mean” Markham Heid.
- Time Magazine, October 27, 2016. “5 Ways to Help Your Kids Have a Healthy Relationship With Technology” Markham Heid.
- NPR.org, October 28. 2016. “Do Parents Invade Children’s Privacy When They Post Photos Online?” Tara Haelle.
- NPR, November 4, 2016. “The Upshot Of New Screen Time Guidelines? Spend Time With Your Kids.” Alva Noe.
- Reuters Health News, December 20, 2016. “Lots of Screen Time Tied to Obesity” Lisa Rapaport.
- Consumer Reports, March 14, 2017. “How to Limit Your Kids’ Screen Time” Catherine Roberts.
- The Christian Science Monitor, March 16, 2017. “Google ‘Family Link’ gives parents a way to monitor preteens’ accounts” Patrick Reilly.
- USA Today, April 24, 2017. “Parents Are Flipping Car Seats Too Soon; TurnAfter 2 Wants to Change That” Ashley May.
Local Media Outlets
- healthline.com, March 14, 2018. “
- Variety, March 13, 2018. “Hooked on Hardware? Tech Giants Face Tough Questions Over Device Addiction.” Todd Spangler.
- BBC Mundo, March 8, 2018. “¿Cuál Es El Mejor Momento Para Darle a los Niños un Teléfono Celular?” Lucia Blasco.
- The New York Times, February 19, 2018. “Contraception for Teenagers.” Jane Brody.
- RadioMD, January 30, 2018. “Dangerous Teen Behaviors: Internet Challenges.” David L. Hill, MD and Melanie Cole, MS.
- Healio.com, January 30, 2018. “Call to action: Facebook should ‘pull the plug’ on Messenger Kids for kids’ health.” Janel Miller.
- WSFX Fox News Wilmington, May 11, 2016. “Breast Milk Sharing: Is It Safe?” Marissa Hundley.
- WECT News, December 24, 2015. “Leland Doctor Talks Football Safety asConcussion Hits Theaters,” AJ Ricketts.
- WECT News, June 24, 2015. “Use Caution, Surfaces Extremely Hot,” Janae Frazier.
- WFAE 90.7, April 29, 2015. “Legislation Aims To Bar Doctors From Asking Patients About Gun Ownership,” Lucy Perkins.
- WECT News, April 15, 2015. “Study: About 30 percent of NHCS kindergartners obese or overweight,” Janae Frazier.